Sunday, April 01, 2007

Driveway project

The old drain would get clogged with sticks and leaves. When it backed up, the rainwater jumped the curb and washed out the slab that held the dirt in place. When we had more concrete poured, Rick decided to build a new drain. Of course he built a mac-daddy drain that would NOT get clogged. Here's the drain cover before the wood frame was removed:



After the frame was removed, we decided to build a flowerbed and clean up the curb. Here are the before pics:

(right side of mac-daddy drain)

(left side of drain)

(Above) Rick building flowerbed platform over the new concrete slab.

After the platform was built, Rick hopped on the tractor (whee!) and brought in some really nice topsoil. Only certain people will geek out over "good dirt" but you know who you are! LOL!

This weekend I planted Asian Jasmine in the flowerbed. I'll post pics when I take them. It was raining so I didn't take pics. Yes I was planting in the rain. It was fun...hahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home